Hart Voluntary Action Schools Counselling Service can provide a Counselling Service to schools in North East Hampshire.
We will place a dedicated qualified Counsellor in school for an agreed period of time each week and they will see students for Counselling sessions in this period.
Why in-School Counselling?
The benefits of having the service available to students in the school in environment are:
- Not having to rely on a parent/guardian to get them to their Counselling sessions
- Being able to receive Counselling easily without having to disclose this to their parent/guardian – some young people will open up more meaning that they can potentially get more benefit from the session if their parents are not aware of their attendance to Counselling
- Easier for staff members to refer students to a service that is available at the school
- Students will be more aware of the help available to them if it is on site
Why Counselling is different to other pastoral services that the school provides:
- The nature of Counselling being confidential ensures that the Student knows the contents of their sessions will not be passed on to other members of staff at the school.
- The Counsellor is not employed by the school and so will not be visible in any other part of school life further ensuring confidentiality.
- Students have a 50-minute session dedicated completely to them with no interruptions.
This service costs £35.00 for every Counselling session we provide in school.
If you are interested in us providing your in-school Counselling Service then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information