Hart Voluntary Action has been awarded funding as part of the Hampshire County Council Supporting Families Programme to provide a Family Therapy Service in the Districts of Hart and Rushmoor.
‘Family Therapy’ is providing an opportunity for families in the Hart and Rushmoor Districts to be supported by having sessions together as a family.
- The service is available to families in the Districts who want support with Mental Health and communication.
- Families will be offered family sessions to those members of the family who want to participate. Up to 10 sessions will be offered and this will be decided in assessment.
- Play Therapy (5–10 year olds), Youth Counselling (11 – 25 year olds) or Adult Counselling (18+) will be offered to each member of the family if individual support will suit their needs.
- Family sessions will take place in the Annex at Odiham Cottage Hospital, Odiham.
- Individual sessions can take place online or at various locations across the Hart District.
- The service is free for families to access.
All the family sessions are run by a family worker who can provide group sessions for families and are supervised by a qualified family therapist.
How do I access the service?
Families can either refer themselves or be referred by a professional. If a professional refers a family they must ensure they have the families permission to do this.
Once the referral form has been received we will contact you to confirm you have been placed on our waiting list or to ask for further information if required.
Family sessions are provided free of charge. Hart Voluntary Action who manage the Family Therapy Service is a Charity who rely on funding and donations to continue providing the Counselling Services. If you would like to make a donation to support the work we do please click on the following link https://localgiving.org/charity/hartvolaction/
When making a donation please specify it is for the Family Therapy service.
Job Opportunity for a qualified Counsellor
Hart Voluntary Action is looking for a qualified Counsellor who is interested in working with families to be a part of this new Family Therapy Service in the Hart and Rushmoor Districts. No previous experience of family work will be required as training is provided.
The Counsellor will be expected to work 3 hours a week minimum and provide assessment and family sessions.
Sessions will be held at locations across the Hart and Rushmoor districts. All Counsellors will be supervised by a fully qualified supervisor and Family Therapist who will support them in their work.
Please find the Job Description here.