Counselling Adolescents Diploma
Hart Voluntary Action launched a Level 5 Diploma in Counselling Adolescents in 2020.
We are now taking applications for the course starting in September 2021. Interviews will be held in May and July.
To apply please complete the application form at the link below and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
To attend this course you must hold a Counselling Qualification at level 4 or equivalent and want to work with young clients in the 11 – 16 age range.
Hart Voluntary Action has been awarded a grant from the Berkeley Foundation to cover the cost of 3 students course fees for the 2021/22 course.
In return for having the course fees paid a Student would be required to do their placement with 121 Youth Counselling seeing at least 4 clients a week for the duration of the course.
This opportunity will be allocated on a first come first served basis and will be dependent on being accepted on the course.
If you would like more information about this opportunity then please email email@example.com
- Awarding Body: Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB)
- Session Dates: Commencing September 2021 – Finishing May 2022
- Session times: Fridays during Hampshire Schools’ term-time 9:00 – 13:00
- Session venue: Civic Offices, Harlington Way, Fleet, Hampshire, GU51 4AE*
- Contact Hours: 120 hours
- Entrance Requirements: A minimum of Level 4 Diploma or equivalent in Counselling and 100 Counselling Hours. Minimum of 10 hours personal therapy before starting.
- Course tutors: Sue Byrne and Ed Magee
Note: Sessions may need to be conducted online depending on government guidance around social distancing measures at the start of the course.
You may be required to attend an interview. Entrance to the course will be dependent on you meeting the entrance requirements and the interview. If the course is oversubscribed Hart Voluntary Action retains the right to not offer a place even if all criteria are met.
Course Cost: £1300 course fee and £220 CPCAB candidate registration fee.
Total of £1520 due before the course commences
(this is the cost of 2021 course. It may be subject to change in future years)
Structure of the Course
Course structure: The course is broken down into 7 Units of Study. Under each section there will be criteria which needs to be met twice each. The units of study are:
- Work safely, ethically, and legally with young people
- Work relationally with young people
- Work with client diversity
- Work with an appropriate clinical model with young people
- Work with self-awareness with young people’s content within sessions
- Work with a coherent framework to inform and evaluate clinical work with young people
- Monitor and maintain work with young people in professional settings
Placement: During the course you will be required to undertake a counselling placement completing a minimum of 60 client hours with 11 – 18 year olds (at least 40 hours must be with 11 -16 year olds). Students will be responsible for finding their own placements.
Personal Therapy: 40 hours of personal therapy (30 Hours can be before the course commenced).
Supervision: At least 10 hours of supervision must be undertaken during the course and BACP ratios for supervision must be adhered to at all times.
Assessment: A variety of assessment methods are used throughout the course. These include:
- Placement reports
- Supervisor Report
- Tutor Reports
- 4 Essays
- Client presentations
- Learning Journal
- Peer feedback
- Tutor Feedback
Candidates will be expected to update their own Candidate Learning Record and keep a portfolio of their work.