Coronavirus – Covid 19 – Local Updates
The Coronavirus Hampshire Helpline – 0333 370 4000
As of 1 August 2020 the Coronavirus Hampshire Helpline will be operating five days a week (Monday – Thursday: 9.00-17.00 and Friday: 9.00-16.30). Calls at weekends can be left on voicemail. The Helpline continues to be for Hampshire residents who need local assistance with practical issues related to the Covid-19 pandemic.
For those who are deaf or hard of hearing, please e-mail email@example.com or send a text to 07507 309322.
“It’s OK to”…Campaign
Hampshire County Council has updated its Connect to Support Hampshire web-pages to focus on the things you can start doing again, now that guidance is changing, and it becomes easier for residents to do more for themselves.
There are 5 key things that the Council believes can really make a difference to people at this time, you can find information on all of these topics on the Connect to Support Hampshire website.
- Learning how technology can help you. You may feel more comfortable doing your food shop online for example, there is information on Connect to Support Hampshire to help you learn how to do that and other things to make life easier during lockdown.
- Staying active. Practical advice on how to do this in and outside of your home can also be found on the Public Health England website
- Getting out and about safely. Connect to Support Hamsphire has a range of information relating to this as well as regaining your confidence.
- Reconnecting with others safely.
- Looking after yourself. Connect to Support Hampshire also provides information on health and wellbeing, equipment and adaptations for your home, as well as advice on managing at home
Hart Voluntary Action Membership Support
- Our primary focus since March has been on the district-level response to the Covid-19 emergency in conjunction with Hart District Council – the Hart Response Hub. Hart Voluntary Action will continue to support the local authority response as the need for support adapts over the remainder of this year.
- Please do keep in touch by e-mail if you need any of our regular support around governance, fundraising etc. We aim to be restarting some of our usual activity (eg Voluntary Sector Forum – on Zoom) from September.
- Please tell us if you are experiencing any issues with funding and your finances due to not being able to run your activities during this period. You can also complete the latest Hampshire CVS Network survey at this link (survey opened late July 2020) – information from this survey about the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the voluntary and community sector is being reported back to Hampshire County Council.
- If you need more volunteers to run your activities, do let us know as we have many Hart residents who have recently expressed an interest in volunteering. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any concerns for yourself or others you are supporting, please contact the Coronavirus Hampshire Helpline on 0333 370 4000
- Huge thanks to all our HVA members and other local community groups for their massive contribution to date – we are immensely thankful for all you are doing!
- Keep an eye on our Facebook pages for updates. Hart Voluntary Action Hart Volunteer Centre
- Please do stay in touch. All good wishes from the HVA Team.